Monday, September 1, 2014

Buh-lessingggggs


 How is everyone?! I expect you are all doing great!! I got another computer with no USB port so no pictures AGAIN this week...sorry. ):

My week has been awesome! We have two baptisms coming up in the next couple of weeks, an older man named Rafael and a 9-year-old named Leonis. They´re both doing great and we couldn´t be more excited!!
This week we had this thing called a ¨Mission Tour¨ which is when a general authority comes and talks to us. He talked to our zone and like. 4 other ones. His name is Jorge Martinez and he´s a member of the Seventy. It was AWESOME. *If you you´re not a member of the church and you have no idea what I´m talking about, visitlds.org! (: He talked to us about how are purpose here is in a nutshell to Find, Teach, and Baptise. I love it. His wife talked about obeying mission rules and stuff. Ya know, I always thought it was kind of silly that they emphasized obeying the rules...I mean why would you be disobedient, ya know? JUST OBEY. FOLLOW THE RULES. WE HAVE THEM FOR A REASON. Then I was told that I couldn´t paint my nails red as a missionary and...I understood why it can be tough sometimes...don´t worry mami, I´m not painting my nails red...hahaha.
Also, it´s hot here. super duper hot always. BUT. Blessing: we´ve had lots of rain and clouds. Sure, the rain gets a little out of hand sometimes, but I´d much rather have some shade than the possibility of getting skin cancer.
We had a pink eye scare in the apartment this week. Hermana Petersen, my companion (Who is the sweetest human alive!!) was walking around with a pink eye all day on Wednesday. I was freaking out because it´s super contageous and I´ve never had it, plus she wouldn´t have been able to go out like that! But we did some prayin´and it went away! SUCCESS.
Mosiah 2:41. Favorite scripture of the week
Funny:
Hna. Petersen: Hey, that smells so good! Is that a campfire?!
Me: ....no....that´s definitely a cigar....
Hna Petersen: ....what?
Me: ...Yeah. Definitelyyyy a Black&Mild. Not a campfire...
Hna Petersen:...oh.
I´m doing great, working hard, you knowwww. I hope everyone is doing swell! RIP, Robin Williams, that broke my heart when I learned about that. Poor guy.
HAVE A GREAT WEEK!
Till  next time,
Hermana Cuevas (:

No comments:

Post a Comment