Friday, August 29, 2014

Rain Rain Rain



Hola everyone!! No pictures this week because the internet cafe that we use...only two computers have USB ports and they are both currently being used. I´m so sorry! ):
This past week we had a storm. A big one. Usually, I´m a fan of the rain. I love the smell of it, I love dancing in it, I love watching it...but things are a little different here in the Dominican Republic....
The streets get CRAZY flooded because the roads are so uneven, and, the SEWAGE rises up into the streets.
That´s right, folks.
Poop water.
I WALKED. IN POOP WATER.
For about half an hour on our way home from a zone activity. The activity was a lot of fun, we played a lot of random games inside the stake center and played basketball in the rain haha. I took lots of pictures, I´ll try to send them next week!
But anyway, back to the rain. So the sewage rises up and mixes with the garbage that´s already in the street, plus the dirt and the rocks and everything. It´s not a pretty sight...but ya know what? We made the best of it and had fun. After getting home SOAKING wet yesterday afternoon, we called our zone leaders and told them we couldn´t go out to teach people becuase we literally couldn´t walk anywhere. So we got permission to stay home the rest of the day! I studied and read and stuff throughout the day.

So yeah! That´s why I couldn´t write yesterday, because it was storming so bad. But we are all okay and safe and happy and dry now!
Last week this lady stopped us in our tracks and started asking us a bunch of questions. I loved it! I love it when random people want to know more about the church and missionary work, and aren´t afraid to ask. Like my friend Jessica Baker! Hey, if you´re reading this, I love you! (:
Don´t be afraid to ask questions about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, missionaries, The Book of Mormon, or anything of the like! We missionaries are friendly folk and LOVE to help an answer questions. The Lord was definitely watching over us this week with the rain, as well as the members of the church here.
I love you all and miss you so much!!

Chris. SO glad you got a new companion hahaha. (:
Hope all is SWELL!!

Till next time,
Hermana Cuevas







 photo KimSignature.png

No comments:

Post a Comment