Friday, August 22, 2014

In the Mission Field!!!!




FAMILIAAAAAAAA.

Hola, friends and family.

I am officially in the mission field!! Know what that means? It means I am being trained by a sweet, sweet girl named Hermana Petersen for 12 weeks! She´s from Lehi, Utah and she´s the BESTTTT. I lucked out, for real. Also, her hair is like goldylocks´hair.

So yeah everything has been hunky dory here in the Dominican Republic. My first area is called Mi Hogar. Our apartment is fine, my fan is my best friend, I don´t have to shower with buckets, so that is pretty darn GREAT, and we have a washing machine...sort of. It´s this machine that lets you wash your clothes on one side...after you fill it up with water yourself...and then it spins the clothes on the other side. And then you hang it up to dry! Kind of time consuming, but it´s better than washing by hand, so.

The people I´ve met here are AMAZING. Everyone here is so welcoming and open to listen to our message. I´ve been improving on making eye contact and being more confident in my Spanish. I feel kind of embarassed when they ask me where I´m from...assuming I´m born and raised in the DR...and I have to tell them I´m from America...hahaha they all get disappointed...but whatever, I´m proud to be an American, with Dominican blood flowing through  my veins.

We had a SUPERRRR rainy day this past week...none of my shoes were waterproof...mami, Crocs would have been great...and EVERYONE here wears them...like the cute ones...but no matter, I bought even CUTER plastic shoes that aren´t Crocs, so. 

I´m trying to type a smiley face but this keyboard has different shortcuts so I can´t...

I have 7 mosquito bites thus far, but I´m fine! I still go out everyday with a smile on  my face, ready to share the gospel with the beautiful people of the Dominican Republic.

I wish I could send more pictures but it takes a hundred years to download. Also, thank you all SOOO much for the love and support.

1. Happy anniversary, mami and papi!
2. Happy first day of school to Eli!!
3. Happy first day of school to mami!!
4. Chris has been out for almost three whole months WOW!!

I love you I love you I love you,
Hermana Cuevas





 photo KimSignature.png

No comments:

Post a Comment