Friday, August 8, 2014

Kim's first week in the MTC or "CCM"!!!


                              


 Okay so I don't have too much time to write today. I only get 45 minutes but out in the field we usually get an hour. I did READ everyone's emails though, thank you SO much!! Feeling super loved. (: Also, I can only send two pictures in an email at a time, so that's pretty obnoxious. GooglePlus, get your crap together.

Anyway.

BEING A MISSIONARY ROCKS!! I absolutely love it!! A few things:
+We have 15-hour days filled with studying, eating rice and beans, some exercise, and more studying.
+I have TWINS in my district!! *District: group of missionaries that stick together, I guess? They're Peruvian twins and they're identical and they're 5'2" and both weigh 120 pounds. woah.
+Most missionaries are 18 and 19 years old and from Utah...of course they are.
+There are about 67 missionaries total here in the MTC or "CCM" which is the same thing but in Spanish...didn't know that...hahaha
+We eat three meals a day, lunch being the biggest meal.
+I miss my family and I miss my friends but I haven't cried ONCE since being here because I'm SO HAPPY.
+I'm still not used to wearing a nametag everywhere I go so I've forgotten that once or twice...
+The CCM is on temple grounds so we get to go and walk around everyday.
+My companions' names are Herman Bernal and Hermana Perez. They're both Mexican.
+MEXICANS AND DOMINICANS ARE NOT THE SAME, I REPEAT, THEY ARE NOT THE SAME. Man, our cultures clash SO much sometimes...but it's okay, I love them.
+I am learning SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much EVERYYYYYYYYYYYY day!! 
+I thought my Spanish sucked until I came here and heard all of these Utah kids trying to learn it...they're doing SO well though. They're all learning really quickly!!
+I shower twice a day because I feel gross when I'm not home for a long time.
+I shower in flip flops because I don't trust other bathtubs.
+I absolutely LOVE being a missionary.


Thank you all for your prayers and emails, I feel SO blessed!!

I'll write more next time! 

I hope!

And send more pictures!

Love,
Hermana Cuevas (:

**PS. Mami, te escibo en espanol la semana que viene. Te quiero mucho (:




No comments:

Post a Comment