Monday, June 30, 2014

Saying "See Ya Later" to Rexburg Went a Little Like This:

When I continue my schooling a couple years from now, I will be entering my senior year. SENIOR YEAR. That's CRAZY! And so exciting!!

I'm so grateful for all the crazy memories I have thanks to Rexburg, Idaho. I'm also grateful for cameras and journals. Yes. I cannot believe I've had the privilege of living there for three whole years. I must be getting old. I've met some of the strangest, happiest, most intriguing, most spiritual, most influential human beings in this cute little town. And when I come back, I'll meet even more people, and that's kinda weird to think about.

--Sammy's, home of famous pie shakes, delicious burgers, and the best employees.--


--taco bus--

^^My dear friend and roommate Kate got engaged on my last day! AHH!!^^

It was a lot harder saying "bye" than I thought it was going to be. I loved my job, I loved my roommates, I loved my classes. Everything was going greater than it's ever been. And I kept thinking about how "it's only 18 months" and "this will be here when I come back" and "thousands of people do this allllll the time." Friends, whether these things are all true or not, it doesn't really help. I met a great deal of people these past couple of semesters that I might never see again! And that seriously broke me! On my last day, I cried forever. I even cried for most of the trip to Utah on the way to the airport. No bueno. So many emotions. And I had never felt SOOOO loved by such a large group of people. They don't even know me all that well but they treated me like they had known me for years. I'm literally the luckiest lady in the world to call these people my friends.





But I know that more adventure awaits me in the Dominican Republic where I'm going to experience things I've never experienced before and meet people that I'm going to love so so so so much. 


So Rexburg, stay precious. I love you! I'll see ya soon.
 photo KimSignature.png

2 comments: